Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Another item checked off the to-do list

Megan's car seat is installed - yay!! Our local police department has a wonderful gal that does all the car seat installments for the area. She told me today as she was installing Megan's seat that she does about 50 a month and of those 50 probably only about 5-10% are actually installed correctly by the parents. Yikes - that is a frightening percentage of incorrectly installed car seats holding precious children!!!! I strongly encourage parents to call your local police department and find out if they have a professionally trained officer that does inspections and installations and then get in there and have your child's car seat checked out!

It was very educational to see how she installed the seat and made me feel comfortable that I could do this myself if I had to move Megan's seat for any reason. Mind you, I don't want to move her seat if I don't have to - it is not a snap your finger and it's done sort of process. Also seeing how she handled the unique aspects of getting the car seat installed in our specific vehicle was great! She had some great advice on the placement and tightening of the 5-point harness as well as when to switch Megan to forward-facing. I am just sold on using this service, which was free at our police station.

1 Comments:

At 11/16/2005 10:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We will be thinking about you and are so happy and excited! I know Linda will keep us informed and we will check your blog daily. Love to all of you....have a safe trip. Delane and Clay

 

Post a Comment

<< Home