Friday, November 30, 2007

Who Knew?

Megan can be motivated to clean up her toys in no time flat - for money!!! At church last weekend they sent her home with a tiny flannel stocking to fill with coins for a special Christmas gift to the missionary assigned to their class. The idea was to have the children earn some coins for doing extra little things around the house. When I told Megan that to earn some money she needed to clean up her toys, I figured nah she’s not going to be motivated by this. So I told her that what I meant by clean was that no toys could be on mama’s rug (aka living room rug) and if she did that she’d get some money for her missionary’s stocking. I was in the kitchen cleaning up after breakfast/lunch at this point and by the time I was done (maybe 15-20 minutes) she came in and said I cleaned up my toys mama. I turned around and looked and by golly the girl had put away every single toy on that rug! I couldn’t get to my wallet fast enough to dig out some coins for that stocking! After that she said she wanted to put away more toys to get more money. Yep - I quickly found more toys for her to clean up to earn those extra quarters! When Alan got home that night, the first words out of her mouth when he walked in the door were “Daddy I need more money”. Oh were we ever dying of laughter and simultaneously cringing at the thought that she’s already asking for money at age 2-1/2!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home