Friday, January 07, 2005

I-171H Status

Got a call Wednesday morning from the BCIS (aka INS) advising that there are a couple of corrections needed on the home study - grrr… So I called Vista Del Mar and they will get things corrected and sent out to us via Fed Ex ASAP. Emailed the BCIS gal and advised I could come down on Monday to provide them the revised pages and she would provide me the I-171H document (everything else is approved she just needs these 2 corrected pages). Then this morning (Friday) got a call from the BCIS gal that Monday will not work for them because they are moving their offices this weekend! The good news is that she is willing to accept a faxed copy of the corrected pages and will release the I-171H to me based on that and I can Fed Ex her the originals when they come in. So back to the phone to re-emphasize the urgency in getting those documents processed ASAP and faxed to me. The gal at VDM has been extremely cooperative and willing to go to great lengths to get this finalized for us.

One amazing thing that I thank the Lord for is that our home study report was actually released to us by accident (found out that tidbit during a call with her yesterday). We haven’t received a bill yet and normally they don’t release the home study report until payment is made. So they are really going above the call of duty here for us and I am extremely thankful to them for it! So right now I am waiting for the fax from VDM so that I can fax it to the BCIS and then await a call from her to come down and pick up the I-171H. I’m a little on pins and needles at the moment as the Fed Ex package from our social worker should be arriving anytime now to VDM containing the documents they have to notarize and then fax to me. So I’m trying to keep myself occupied with things to do so I’m just not sitting waiting for the “phone” to ring - of course it’s actually gonna be an email to come in

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home