Welcome to Guangzhou!
We have arrived in Guangzhou! All of our bags are accounted for now (we temporarily lost one) and we have settled into our hotel. We had an uneventful flight. I (Alan) was able to sleep well in flight. Mandy did not sleep as well but she is doing fine. We are all cleaned up and are heading out for a dim sum brunch.
As you can tell, we have setup our internet connection. We can get to our blog (we will be able to read your comments) but our Yahoo email is temperamental. We will see how that goes. We are so happy to be able to share this journey with you.
We have had many teary eyed moments in our journey so far. The latest one came for me just moments ago. I heard a knock at the door of our hotel room. I open the door and was greeted by a lovely young woman with the words “your baby crib, sir?”. I was able to muster a gleeful nod and she proceeded to wheel in a cute wooden crib for Megan. I have stayed in more hotel rooms than I can count. All of them are pretty much the same but in that moment 300 square feet on the 12th floor on the other side of the world just became something new to me… home! Megan will sleep with someone else tonight but she will stay at home tomorrow.

2 Comments:
Dear Aunt Mandy and Uncle Alan,
i am so excited to see my little cousin. i hope she arrives safe. if you guys can you can call us when you get her tonight. is there any way that we can call you? good luck. i am so happy for you. cant wait to see her on friday. love you both.
love always,
danielle
what a wonderful post. looking forward to reading about every little detail. dad, keep writing! when you read this, it will be the day that you meet megan. we can't wait to hear all about it. how is the room? what do you see out of your window? are all the families on your floor? who is on the china team this time? samantha says, "hurry home megan!"
Post a Comment
<< Home