Thursday, January 11, 2007

Experiencing Vegas

So having previously experienced Vegas but from a distance (stayed outside of the strip) I'm not sure that this trip really changed my view of Vegas. Maybe this visit has been skewed by the fact that it was a business trip for Alan and I was just tagging along so I'm not throwing in the towel on it just yet.

I got the chance to walk around the CES show which was interesting but not all that thrilling - guess I'm just not that big a techno-geek. I played the slot machines which at first was okay but for the life of me I just couldn't figure out all the ways you could win when you bet using 3, 5, 10 or 20 lines. At the very end I found a slot machine that finally I could figure out how I was winning and that made it more fun - the losing $$$ part was a downer though. I was severly underdressed for Vegas - oh well I definitely was more comfortable in my boots that the 3" or higher heels I saw 95% of the gals wearing!

Probably the best part of this trip was the going home. Having 4 days away from Megan was a nice break but I sure did miss her!!! I'm so glad to be getting back into our regular routine. We don't really have any pictures of our trip since we really didn't do anything apart from the CES show. The only non-work related thing we did was head over to the Bellagio and saw their water fountain light show - very nice!

Someday I'll give Vegas another shot to redeem itself to me but I'm not holding my breath for any miraculous change.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home