Megan's report of her week at camp
Mimi helped Megan write up a blog entry...
It’s my turn to blog! I went “up the mountain” to Forest Home camp with Mimi & Papa. We had a very small cabin that was our home for 6 days.
The first morning I woke them by jumping up, both hands raised, saying, “TIME TO WAKE UP”. They laughed and got up to start our day. Mimi & Papa say that was one of their “special” moments with me.
Every morning I went to Chipmunk Corner for my morning class. There were lots of big girls to take care of me as well as several moms. What fun I had playing on the outside toys and listening to stories. One day one of the big girls French braided my hair. It was really pretty! Mimi took lots of pictures.
My favorite, favorite thing to do was ride the merry-go-round. If there are lots of pictures of me on the horses that’s cause I rode all the time the horses were awake. Mimi says that’s about 7 hours total. My puppies rode with me and one day I rode every horse on the merry-go-round! I was always sad when they had to go to sleep! Mimi and Papa took me to ride on the real horses but I thought they were “too big” to ride but I did pet their noses. Maybe next year I’ll ride them.
Every evening when Mimi & Papa went to their meetings I had a CCA (teenage girl) who came to take care of me and put me to bed. Becca took me to the playground so I could play on the slide and tell the horses “good night”. She was a lot of fun. We collected a lot of pretend “Birthday Cakes” and we played with them. I could see Mimi & Papa’s “meeting” place out my cabin window so I was O.K. knowing where they were.
On Wednesday we met Matthew at the lake. It was fun to see him. He was having fun at Adventure Mountain. We played in the water & sand. We also got big ice cream sandwiches. Matthew went down the big slide.
Mimi & I played in the swimming pool one day and had lots of laughs. I still don’t like water in my eyes but one day I will swim like a fish!
Our week went by fast. I was really sad to tell the horses the final “good bye” but Mama and Daddy were down the mountain and I was excited to see them! Besides we’re already signed up for 2008!
Here are some photos Mimi took of Megan's week at camp.










0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home