Shop’n Girl
Well it finally happened and I must say it was quicker than I expected. Mandy referred to me explicitly as “dada” without Megan part of the conversation. I must say, I kind of liked it ;)
Today was a day to shop. For those of you who have never been to China here is the deal. This country is as capitalist as anywhere else. You hardly see any government influence. We went to the Beijing Road shopping zone. This is a street full of shops with anything from small mom-n-pop shops to department stores that put any we have to shame. I have been shopping in a lot of Asian countries and this is on par with any of them. We were told that this was a “mid” level shopping area. There are some lower cost areas and some high brow areas as well. This country can shop and these stores are not for foreigners. We are outnumbered a thousand to one in these areas. The growing middle class is impressive here and entrepreneurialism is alive and well. I will have to sign up for those Chinese language classes when I get back home.
Okay, back to the shopping discussion. Mama hit the department store with dada and Megan in toe. Speaking of toes, we hit the shoe isle hard! We now have shoes for the near term as well as for a year or two down the road. We also picked up some adorable (did I just use that word? Sorry to my male friends out there. This baby thing has side effects) Chinese outfits. I am sure we will be modeling some for our blog audience in time.
We just had a nap and some play time and we have a “local” diner with the group at 6:00. I hear that snake is on the menu. Time for another culinary adventure!! Megan is not following us in our adventures. She is currently only eating the formula that we got from the orphanage with some rice cereal mixed in. I think she will have some adventures in time.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home