Good morning China!
We are totally amazed. It has not been 24 hours yet and Megan is amazing us. If you can believe it, she went down at around 8:45 and she is still asleep at 6:45. We only have heard her coo and laugh. We have not heard her cry.
Needless to say we are keeping an eye out for some kind of bait and switch.. ;) I am sure we will learn her cry in time but it is a blessing to have this magical time to bond.
We are getting up and need to leave ASAP to go back to the Adoption Affairs Office for paperwork.
We are hearing to faint cries through the walls so not everyone is as lucky as us but there is not much. The only child that cried at our Gotcha time was a sibling of one of the new babies. The new little ones did great!
Megan looks like she is wearing 9-12 month clothes. She may not fit into some of the cute 6-9 month stuff we have. Mama is bummed.
We will try to give her a bottle this morning but she did not want one last night. She has taken a little of a bottle and a couple of tastes of congee and dinner. It is clear that she did not get her size by skipping meals so we expect her to eat soon. Yesterday was the first time she had ever been outside the orphanage so the excitement may have played a role.
She just woke up with a smileā¦.

2 Comments:
What a great start. Obviously, you guys must be doing something right! Hope she eats soon, I hear it can take a day or two for appetite to return. Is she wearing size 3 or 4 diapers?
Qiu YangYao must be related to 7.5'-tall Houston Rockets center Yao Ming. Of course Yao is his family name, not his given name. Perhaps she has tall relatives in Shanghai...!
Read about Yao Ming at: http://www.jockbio.com/Bios/Yao/YaoMing_bio.html
Hmmm..I guess you shouldn't have listened to me, I'm so sorry. All of our group from Yangxi were Megan's age and wore 6-9 months. I love the video and I am so happy for your family.
God Bless,
Kimberley (Lottie's Mom)
Post a Comment
<< Home