Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Strike!

(delayed post)
Tonight I went bowling with the China team. The bowling alley is within walking distance of the hotel so we all took a hike on over. There were only a few of us, about six folks on the China Team side and about six on the Adoptive Family side. That is how the teams were divided and the loser had to pay for bowling.

The bowling alley was a modern setup like you might see in the US just picture it a bit more run down. Okay, actually it was really run down but the lanes were in good shape. I guess bowling is not a very lucrative business in China or in the US.

The cumulative score of each team over three games was used to determine the winner. The competition was fierce and lots of fun. In the end the Adoptive Family team narrowly beat out the China Team, saving us from having to pay the 12 Yuan ($1.50) per game fee and preserving bragging rights. I hope future USAA groups will carry the torch of victory in future matches.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home