Dongguan Daddy
Well okay, I am currently in Hong Kong on my way to Dongguan China. After my 24+ hours of travel I am at least glad to be somewhere other than in an airplane. I had the multi-leg travel plan so I had to go through Tokyo. Remind me to never fly American Airlines through Tokyo again. 30 minutes of taxiing after the plane landed!! And then we had to get off the 777 down the stairs and be bused to the terminal. Oh well, we couldn’t put up much of a fight as we were all weak from the 12 hour flight.
This is my fist time staying in Hong Kong. I am at the Cosmopolitan Hotel. It is okay I guess but a bit cramped. In my free time over the last couple days I have explored the Causeway Bay area of Hong Kong. Wow there are sure a lot of people here. I came upon an intersection last night and there were literally hundreds of people waiting for the light to turn green. There was such a great throng of people I felt compelled to join if for no other reason than to see where they were going. That is the crazy thing. They are all going someplace but no one place. It is just a mass of people going in all directions. I had a nice time shopping but I don't need a cell phone, jewelry or a mini skirt so there really were not many places to really shop.
What is a guy to do, scout sushi restaurants of course! Well there are two conveyor sushi places in the time square area. There is a nice sushi restaurant on the 13th floor as well. I found a couple more in the area so it looks like I will not starve. Last night I went for the conveyor sushi. I think it was a Genki sushi and it was a lot of fun. The plates of sushi travel past you on a conveyor and if you want it you pick it up. Each plate has a different color to designate the price. At the end you count up your plates and pay. The salmon was $9 for two pieces but that is Hong Kong dollars so the real price with a little over a dollar in the US. I also had something new. It was called Yaki Salmon sushi. It had the skin on and seemed "fattyer". It may have had the outside seared like they do Albacore sushi. It was very good. Needless to say I ate about twice as much as their typical customer and it only cost me $102.50 but that is like $13 US and that included a drink. This is a dangerous place!
I will be dining with a colleague tonight. I wonder if he likes sushi :)
Tomorrow I will take the train to China. I will spend a couple days there working on my project and then back to Hong Kong and then possibly back to China again. It sounds like there is plenty of opportunity for adventure in there. If I find any I will share it but just for the record, none of these adventures can compare to the Megan adventure back home. Miss you all.

1 Comments:
genki is teri's favorite conveyor sushi restaurant in singapore. i'm sure she will be jealous when she reads your report!
Post a Comment
<< Home