Monday, March 13, 2006

12 month checkup

Today I took Megan in for her 12month checkup with the pediatrician. It's a good thing Megan doesn't have a clue what is coming (more shots). So we head over for our 9:30 appt and get situated into our room around 9:45 (not a bad wait time in my opinion). So I get Megan undressed for taking her measurements and wait for like 15-20 minutes just for the nurse to come back to weigh and measure her, all the while Megan is only in her little diaper... brrrrr (note to self, take a blanket next time!) Then the nurse finishes up and advises the doctor will be right in... hmmmm the term "will be right in" leaves much to be desired here! Almost 40 minutes passes while I have a 12 month old who is nearing nap time wanting to get into everything in the very tiny exam room. Finally the doctor comes in and checks Megan out - thumbs up all around. Then we wait again for the nurse to come back in and actually administer all the shots the doctor prescribes. Megan at this point is getting beyond tired and I'm trying to keep my patience with the office staff. Then the joy really kicks in, holding Megan still to get her 3 shots. Megan absolutely, positively hates being confined so she was crying bloody murder and she is pretty hard to contain when she doesn't want to be held tight. Finally we are done and so we get dressed again and go make our appointment for the next checkup knowing full well that we're changing to a new pediatrician! An appt to have her measurements and 3 shots administered should not take almost 2 hours! But I will have to say I'm just glad it's over with.

So here are her current stats...
weight: 20 lbs 12 oz
height: 29.5 inches

She's grown an inch and a half since we measured her back in January. It's a good thing I saw the scale with my own eyes because I could have sworn this little girl weighed more than she does. Just ask our poor cats who must feel like they are on a amusement park ride when I go to pick them up. I literally almost tossed Camille over my shoulder she was so light to me after picking up Megan all the time.

Here's a picture of Megan sacked out this afternoon after our exhausting time at the doctor's office.

1 Comments:

At 3/14/2006 11:25 AM, Blogger The Byrd's Nest said...

Mandy,
I am so glad to see how well Megan is doing. What a healthy little Yangxi angel!! Lottie just had her checkup and at 16 months is 31 inches tall and 19 pounds, she eats constantly but never ever stops moving!!!! We are all so blessed, we had the same emotional thoughts about Lottie's mom on her birthday.
Love,
Kimberley Byrd

 

Post a Comment

<< Home