Babysitting report card
We had a fabulous time babysitting Samantha! As usual she melted our hearts. After getting all the need to know info from Allyn & Teri (location of night time diaper, time to put Sam down, how to use the hi-tech tv remote and Sam’s bed-time routine) we got mama and dada out the door and got down to play time! She is at such a fun age! She loved showing us all her books and we even got to read some of the pages to her before we went on to the next book. It appears Sam may also have a budding musical talent! Alan played his flute for Sam and she was quite taken with it. She wanted to touch the keys and see how it worked. She really enjoyed being able to play with the flute, we’ll have to remember to bring the tin whistles the next time! When it came time to start the bed-time routine we started the music and I realized I probably should have put Sam into her night-time diaper and PJs before starting the music - oh well we’re still learning, so we danced to a couple songs and then got dressed for bed. Sam loves to dance! I had to laugh though for when the song came on about brushing your teeth, Sam made a bee-line for the bathroom to brush her teeth. Now I forgot to ask exactly what all they do for brushing her teeth so we put a little toothpaste on her brush and I let her go for it. Less than 30 seconds later she handed me her toothbrush and made her way back to the dance floor - guess we’re done brushing our teeth! The slower music came on and we turned the lights down and she almost instantly laid down on the floor only to pop back up and then lay down again. It didn’t take long after I laid down next to her for the eyelids to get heavy. So after a couple songs it was off to bed we went. We looked through her photo album and read Goodnight Moon and rocked for awhile. Then came the ultimate test - had I waited just the right amount of time before laying her down in her crib? I passed the test but not with the flying colors that we’ve seen from her dada on several occasions. Luckily she only fussed for about 5 minutes and then appeared to fall asleep. Ahhhh - a sigh of relief!
So our evening of babysitting Sam was absolutely wonderful and I think we’d get a good grade on our report card!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home