What's been going on...
Well a month has passed and not much has really happened. The next group at our agency did get their referrals a little over week ago - that leaves just 2 groups to go and then it’s our turn! In the meantime, we continue to work on readying the house. We’ve got all the trimwork done in Megan’s room and now we’re starting to work on finishing the rest of the upstairs. I’m going to let Alan use her room while he’s finishing the upstairs trimwork. So I’m holding off painting till then - but I do have her colors picked out finally!
Alan gave me a wonderful Mother’s Day gift last weekend - a glider and ottoman from an Amish furniture store up in Temecula. I had told him I wanted to at least take a look at their gliders because what I was seeing at Babys-R-Us and other places got me wondering if we’re going to be paying big $$$ we might as well look at better quality stuff. Well wouldn’t you know - it was Memorial Day weekend and they were having a 20% off everything sale. Who could resist that!?! Well we can’t. So in a couple of months we will receive our glider & ottoman for Megan’s room. I forgot to take a picture while we were there placing our order for it but have plans to go back up for another reason so will take the camera and post a picture of it. I am so excited about this piece of furniture because it will be something we have for years to come. Another extremely exciting thing is that while we tested out the floor model we saw a sample of the lightweight seat cover (not a cushion, just a lightweight quilt cover) that a lady in Ohio makes for this glider. The saleslady told me I could place a special order with this lady to have her make one in the same colors as the nursery. I was very excited to hear this. My plan is to pick up some more paint samples of the nursery colors and then take some closeup pictures of Megan’s quilt that will be above her crib and place my special order. I’m going to ask that the glider cover coordinate with Megan’s quilt. Alan’s only request was that it have some extra padding near the head - guess I could ask for that since I’ll appreciate it too! Both the furniture and the quilt cover are going to take about 2 months to complete. I think that will be perfect timing - the room should be close to complete at that point - or at least that’s the current plan.
Other things we’ve been working on - reorganizing and major spring cleaning! Yesterday the trash truck picked up 9 trashcans worth of stuff out of our attic that was desperately needing to be disposed of. Of course what prompted that cleaning out was the need for more space in the attic to store more household items for our friends who live in Kazakhstan, who also just anounced they are expecting # 2 child - YEAH!! The nice result of all that is a better organized attic. The one thing that remains unchanged is the Lego playing area - invading that space will not be tolerated by either of us.
So we are getting there but I am starting to get a little more anxious over the things that still need completing and knowing that in roughly two and a half months we’ll be receiving a photo that will change our lives forever. Just put one foot in front of the other… it will all get done and if it doesn’t it obviously wasn’t that critical!
Next on my list is the dreaded vaccinations for international travel - needles, needles and more needles. Any guesses as to why I’ve been procrastinating? Not something either one of us is looking forward to. Oh well - it’s for Megan right? Since for some warped reason our insurance doesn’t cover these vaccinations - I’m going to try to find them cheaper through a clinic. Well, better get going on that research…

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home