Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Can you Sssssssay Dinner?

We love this girl! We almost didn't want to go to dinner we were having so much fun playing with her. She was crawling (just starting out so she is not real good yet) around and playing with things. Smiling all the way. I came up to her on the bed, she took a look at me and gave me a big smile. I melted.

Speaking of crawling, that is about the only thing that our meal tonight did not do. The China Team (they are GREAT by the way, very caring and eager to assist) took us to a local restaurant down the street. It was time to get some local delicacies. The meal started with some portion of a pig. The next dish was frog with green onions in a sizzling pot. It was followed by something we thought was snake but it just turned out to be eel. We next got fish, the whole fish. After that came the snake with a garlic spice. After that, shrimp, whole with heads and shells that were spiced and fried to be eaten whole. Mix in a couple of vegi dishes and one beef noodle dish and there you have it, dinner. Like I said, hopping, slithering, walking and swimming but none of the dishes crawled, disregarding their impact on our appetites ;) Actually I tried them all and they were quite good. Even more impressive was Mandy. She charged in on some of the dishes even before I mustered the courage. All I can say is that the rice wine makes the food go down better. (BTW, you can’t really call it a wine if it is 53 proof can you?) We will post some pics of the meal for those of you who were getting hungry.

Megan only wanted to play. We brought her back and gave her her first bath. She had a great time. She took another bottle and we just put her down. On her way down mama brought her over for a good night kiss; she saw herself in the mirror and began to laugh. There is joy beyond joy. Sweet dreams.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home