Thursday, April 20, 2006

a day full of surprises

Alan told me about a month ago to keep this last Friday completely free. So I woke up this morning having no clue what was planned for us all. So we all hopped in the car and made our way south to San Diego. When we left it was sunny and partly cloudy in Escondido but by the time we reached San Diego it was pouring. When we arrived outside the San Diego Maritime Museum, Alan pointed out over the water and said this is why we are here. All I saw was an aircraft carrier across the way but Alan pointed out what we were really there to see. Alan had surprised me with a tour of a WWII era Soviet Sub. Well, I absolutely love submarine movies especially the ones dealing with WWII, "Run Silent, Run Deep" is a favorite. So this was a special treat for me. We also took in a tour of the HMS Rose, a replica of the British Frigate used in the making of the movie "Master & Commander". From there we headed back home for the rest of my "surprises". Alan couldn't keep me completely in the dark since I had to know how to plan for Megan so I knew that someone was going to be watching Megan that evening for us I just didn't know who. Well it turned out Mimi (Alan's mom) came down to spend the evening again for us to go out. So after visiting a little bit, we made our way out again towards San Diego. We enjoyed a wonderful sushi dinner on the way. My final surprise for the day was tickets to the play "My Fair Lady". Alan managed to treat me to three of my favorite things today. Thanks honey!!! I luv u!

Here are a couple of pictures but you can head over to Megans Photo Gallery to see more.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home