Sunday, June 12, 2005

1st Baby Shower!


Handmade quilt by Mimi
Originally uploaded by Alan and Mandy.

We had our first baby shower for Megan yesterday. Alan’s cousin Marla who lives in Pasadena hosted the shower. We had a fabulous time and received many wonderful gifts.

Probably the most emotional gift received was a doll that my Grandma gave to my mom many years ago that was to be given to the first great granddaughter. Well since my sister was done after her first and only son, that left Alan and I to come through. This doll has lived in several houses and even traveled to Florida and back again with my mom. After almost 17 years of marriage, the doll has finally found a home with our new daughter to be, Megan. I completely lost it when I read the card and heard my mom tell the history of this doll.

Alan’s mom made a quilt for Megan that is just gorgeous. The fabric and colors are so perfectly coordinated and will go so well in Megan’s room. A long time family friend of Alan’s mom, Delane, also made a quilt for Megan. The amount of love poured into these quilts is overwhelming. I’ve spent the better part of the day writing out our thank you cards and the tears flowed all over again as I relived the opening of each gift so lovingly chosen or made for Megan. I hope I survive the next round of baby showers!

Here's a link to more of the baby shower photos. http://www.flickr.com/photos/51782520@N00/sets/871193/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home