Life is good!
As I reflect on this Thanksgiving I am overwhelmed by all that the Lord has blessed us with. This little girl He has given us is the best blessing of all. Megan was wonderfully made for us and as each moment passes it becomes clearer how the Lord’s hand is on this miracle called “our family”. Although Megan is not of our flesh she is truly of our heart - she is “our” daughter! I have never felt this complete as a person. I’ve awoken these past 3 mornings anxious to watch Megan wake up. This morning was extra special - as her eyes opened up and she looked around and saw me, she locked eyes on me and then you could see her eyes light up and a smile come across her beautiful and precious face. How awesome is that!!!
Tomorrow we head off to Yangxi to visit the orphanage. It is going to be a very long day but one I trust will be treasured forever. I look forward to seeing the area where Megan was born and to try to capture for her as much as possible in the way of pictures and video. Hopefully the orphanage will allow us as they have others to take pictures of the baby room where Megan spent her first 8 months of life.
Well she is awaking from her nap so I have to go since Alan went down to find a place to play his flute. Hope everyone back home has a terrific Thanksgiving! We miss you all and look forward to coming home. But in the meantime, we are truly enjoying our family “honeymoon”!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home