One smart cookie...
So we put Megan to bed tonight around 7:40pm hoping for a solid night of sleep - not to be had I guess. Around 11:00 or so she started waking up and fussing a bit. We started the routine Alan endured last night of getting her laid back down with thumb and blankie into proper position as if to say, now is not the time to play but to sleep. So when she started up again I began the routine this time. A few minutes ago she got over the top fussy and so we both went in and while I tried to undue the locks on the crib gate, Alan picked her up and instantly she started smiling and blowing raspberries. It was so hard to not laugh and smile at her attempt to be "cute". But we are determined to not let this trend continue so we put her back down again and left the room. She's been playing at fussiness ever since.

2 Comments:
Mandy & Alan:
Welcome to hell!! Tenley had a neat tidy schedule until we landed in the US. The first week was practically unbearable: no one was getting any sleep, everyone was cranky, and by the 4th day I was e-mailing every Red Thread parent I knew asking for advice and how to get her on a schedule again. Someone told me "Expect 1 day for every hour" and while I'd love to tell you that was an exaggeration, it wasn't - it was just about right. I hope it goes easier for you!! Please feel free to e-mail me for support or just to whine- I've been there & I sympathize!!
Welcome home!
~Michelle, Tenley's Mom
www.yoichoichoi.blogspot.com
Oh Man, the jet lag thing is brutal...I would suggest taking turns with her. Here is what else worked for us: We put her down at 8:00 Pm or so, then woke her around the time she was waking anyway(10:00 or 11:00). One of us played with her for 2 hours and the other slept, then we put her back down and she would sleep through the night...We would gradually play for less and less time until she was not waking anymore...I think it took about a week. She really is on a whole different time zone, Good luck!
Lisa Smith
Post a Comment
<< Home