My first Mother's Day
It's been a long road but finally I've crossed a junction that I've so long desired... to enjoy Mother's Day. I have been blessed with a beautiful little girl and she is the world to me. But I can't help but also think about Megan's birthmother - where's she at and how she is doing. I look at Megan and wonder what her birthmother looks like and what her personality is like. I also find myself regularly thinking about what Megan would be doing right now if she had not been adopted by us and was still in China. I wonder if every Mother's Day will come with such strong emotions connected to them.
So what was my first Mother's Day like? Well, the morning started off with getting ready for church. A little extra primping time was necessary for us all since today was not only Mother's Day but also our parent dedication at church. Mimi and Papa came down for the special occasion. They also came down to enjoy watching a puppet show Alan and another Sunday School Class teacher put on for our 1st/2nd grade class. It was a riot!!! We video taped it so hopefully Alan can pull together some snipits that we can post soon. After church we headed off to our favorite place, a little Italian restaurant where we love the antipasto salad and subs! Megan enjoyed her bread, cheese with italian dressing all over it and finally some spagetti. Alan and Megan surprised me with Mother's Day cards and of course I almost started to cry right there in the restaurant. Then we headed home where Papa claimed the recliner for a snooze and I claimed the couch for some much needed zzzzz's. The evening was spent playing around on my favorite pasttime at the moment, grocerygame.com (for those who want to save big on grocery shopping, check it out!!). So all in all, I had a wonderfully full and relaxing Mother's Day. Looking forward already to next year!

2 Comments:
umm, i'm not sure that "BM" is the best abbreviation for birth mother. perhaps it is my potty mind but "wonder what her BM looks like" had me giggling.
happy first mothers day!
Too funny about the BM! I noticed that you changed it but it Allyn's comment reminds me of when my husband sent me a valentine's day card and wrote inside: "Happy VD!"
But seriously....happy Mother's Day! I logged in to see some pictures but, alas, there were none. Don't you know we live for pictures on these blogs?
:)
Donna
Post a Comment
<< Home