So what's up with us?
Okay so we hang our heads in shame for not being better at posting updates to the blog. What can I say - life is not as cut and dry as it was before Megan.
Some of the happenings in our lives since our last post a few weeks ago... I've started a part-time job as a moderator of a message board where I enjoy spending some of my "free" time. I get to work from home and still be available for Megan so it's a great way for me to earn a little $$$. The message board is for a company (www.thegrocerygame.com) that provides a service to help families save big $$$ on their grocery bills. With this service, I've been able to increase our savings each week by 30-40% over what I was saving using coupons. I have been a happy camper so far and so when the opportunity presented itself to work for this company, I jumped at it. I would have never thought of myself as the type to visit message boards, but it has been fun keeping connected with other people who are just as excited as I am about saving money to help support my family.
Okay enough about me... nothing really new with Alan and anyhow I'll let him post something if he wants to since he's an awesome writer! Actually I wish he'd post more because I enjoy reading his posts.
So on to the person I'm sure you all would rather hear about. Megan has a new tooth as of about 2-1/2 weeks ago - her right front tooth on the top, the other one is soon to make its debut. I'm pretty sure she's gotten taller but we haven't measured her recently so we'll see where she's at when we go to her 15 month checkup in June. She is walking everywhere and it is amazing how steady on her feet she is! We laugh because we can always tell when she's getting tired because she can't seem to walk straight. She is getting better at keeping her shoes on but she does have a preference for wearing only one shoe when at home. Her communication skills also continue to improve, although her vocabulary is still very limited - dada, itty, sounds for cow, doggie, cat, owl, bumblebee and finally mama! She does understand almost everything we tell her. The other day she was walking around with one shoe on as usual and I asked her where her other shoe was. She immediately turned around and started looking for it - her comprehension just blows me away sometimes! I can't wait till things start clicking for her on the verbal end of things!!
Well, we missed taking her 14 month picture so I'm going to find a suitable one from our regular pictures. Be sure to head over to Megan's Photo Gallery because we just added a ton of new pictures (link is in the right margin).

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home